My research focuses on how individual and community factors interact in the context of poverty to influence the mental and physical health of persons living with HIV in US cities and the global South. The trajectory of my scholarship has been influenced by my clinical and community work with children, adolescents, and adults living with HIV for the past 24 years in LA, NYC, and Chicago. My current research in the Global & Community Health Research Lab (GCH Lab) at Howard University has broadened to Delhi (India), Kigali (Rwanda), Ibadan (Nigeria) where we examine the interaction of individual and environmental factors that potentially undermine how communities affected by HIV and poverty live and flourish.
- Christian Action for Reconciliation and Social Action (CARSA)
- Chiang Mai University, Department of Pediatrics
- Shalom AIDS Delhi, Emmanuel Hospital Association (EHA)
- Lawndale Christian Community Health Center
- University of Ibadan, Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Nigeria
- Mennonite Central Committee – Guatemala